Bitcoin ETFs, Carta’s Latest Mess, and Let’s Go to the Moon
Welcome back to Equity, the podcast delving into the business world of startups. Join us as we dissect the numbers and intricacies behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest in tech news from the weekend and what’s making waves early in the week. As we get caught up and prepare for what’s to come, we invite you to join us on the journey. Don’t forget to tune in for our revamped Wednesday show, launching this week!
Now, let’s dive into what we discussed on today’s episode:
- Stocks and Crypto: Tech stocks are relatively stable this morning as the market processes the fallout from Boeing’s troubles. Meanwhile, the price of bitcoin has seen an increase in the world of cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin ETFs: A flurry of new filings this morning revealed that bitcoin spot ETFs are vying for investor attention with their low-fee structures. These investment vehicles are expected to be approved later this week, possibly causing some market turbulence.
- Carta is Once Again in Trouble: Carta, the company known for its cap table software for startups, is facing backlash after some of its salespeople used internal information to broker trades without customer consent. Needless to say, this has not gone over well.
- The ULA Launches its Rocket: In a positive development for space launch competition, the ULA has successfully launched a rocket into space. This also brings us one step closer to returning to the Moon.
- The GPT Store is Set to Open: All signs are pointing towards the GPT store opening later this week. We’ll have more updates for you in two days!
That’s a wrap for today. Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you soon!