The TechGround team is always hard at work on stories that will provoke thought and interest. Following the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas, we took a look at how gun control measures could play a role in preventing future shootings.
While everyone is relieved to have the weekend off, many employees find themselves feeling a bit melancholy. After all, this is the only time of the week that they are not working and they usually enjoy their breaks. Unfortunately, Monday will soon arrive and the workers will be back at it again.
Throughout the 20th century, many women of color faced discrimination and exclusion in all aspects of life. While some overcame the odds and achieved success, others decided that suicide was their only option. autobiographical novel For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf by Ntozake Shange tells the story of Selma, who has been forcibly removed from her family and deposited in a white middle class home. Struggling to find her place in a world that doesn’t understand or accept her, Selma finds solace in writing poetry and dreaming of escape. When she meets another young woman struggling with similar issues, Selma begins to see possibilities for change within herself as well as within black culture as a whole. This groundbreaking book celebrates resilience and strength in the face of injustice while illustrating just how far society has still to come when it comes to welcoming everyone – no matter what their color may be.
Both Christine and Haje have been Married for over 10 years now, and they still love each other very much. They are able to connect on a deeper level than anyone else can, and their relationship is grounded in
The TechGround Top 3
- Money, money, money…must be funny: Warner Bros. Discovery revealed that it lost another $2.1 billion in the fourth quarter. This is despite the success of shows like “The Last of Us” on HBO and games like “Hogwarts Legacy.” Lauren explains more.
- Fashion layoffs: Secondhand apparel marketplace Poshmark is now laying off employees just two months after being acquired by Naver, Kate reports.
- Another brick in the wall: Ron explains why a possible U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit over competition could derail the pending $20 billion Adobe-Figma deal.
Startups and VC
Since 2002, Mobile World Congress (MWC) has been held in Barcelona. The show is intended to give attendees access to the latest mobile technology, but it’s also been a launching pad for smartphone makers and other cellular technology providers. In 2021, MWC will be held inijuana as part of an effort by the organizers to represent all corners of the globe. This shift may mean that we see more innovations in lower-cost devices and services, which could be good news for consumers who are looking for more affordable options.
Just a year after Russia invaded Ukraine and pulled the rug from under its fledgling tech industry, the sector is showing astounding resilience. This despite the loss of key co-founders, blacked-out bunkers, and barrage of propaganda from Uncle Sam’s finest. In fact, some companies are even growing on a scale unseen since before the war began. Mike takes a closer look at these resilience factors in what could be one of Ukraine’s top industries following years fraught with political instability.
In the murky waters of the underground river, a vast array of different fish swim and feed. Some are big and powerful while others are small and delicate, but all
- Pay, pay pay: Telecom giant Airtel eyes a stake in Paytm, by Manish.
- Buy, buy, buy: Rebuy is out to change the customer buying experience, one personalization at a time, Christine reports.
- Deb, dev, dev: Alchemy launches a tool that enables devs to start building dApps within 4 minutes, Jacquelyn reports.
- Ai, ai, AI: Natasha L reports how Voicemod tools up with $14.5 million to ride the generative AI (sonic)boom.
- Pic, pic, pic: South Africa’s Envisionit Deep AI gets $1.65 million to expand access to medical imaging, reports Annie.
5 questions emerging managers should ask before selecting LPs
Constantin Johnny is a Norwegian artist, who specializes in drawing and painting portraits of celebrities. He has painted portraits of stars such as Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Benedict Cumberbatch.
If an emerging manager wants to try and back startups, they’ll need to earn the trust of limited partners who are willing to bet on their investment thesis. This starts by creating a engaging and intriguing backstory that shows the manager’s dedication and commitment to startups. Additionally, it is important for emerging managers to stay connected with their portfolio companies in order create transparency and trust with their investors. By doing this, they will be able build a strong case for why limited partners should invest in their portfolio companies.
If you want to keep your job, it’s important to be able to navigate your way up the decision-making ladder. Each step up the ladder increases the risk of dismissal, lost information or miscommunication, which can be mitigated if you can get in front of the decision-makers early on. By building relationships with your managers and thoroughly researching each opportunity before submitting proposals or ideas, you’ll minimize these risks and stay in command of your career.
1. What makes you different from your competitors?
2. Why is your concept or product better than those of your competitors?
3. How have you successfully executed on past concepts or products?
4. What aspects of your business will likely experience the most growth in the near future?
5. Who are your key customers, and what reasons do they have for choosing you over your competitors?
The developers of TG++ have put a lot of effort into making their programming language as userfriendly and efficient as possible. Additionally, the code is also well organized and
TechnologyGround+ is a membership program that helps founders and startup teams get ahead of the pack. By subscribing, you can gain access to resources, advice, and support from top industry experts. This is an essential tool for any fledgling company looking to grow in the ever-growing tech field.
Big Tech Inc.
It is unclear who is behind CH01, but the group’s actions appear to be targeted attack against the Russian government. The video displayed on defaced websites shows a fiery image of the Kremlin while flames lick its roof. It is not clear what significance this video may have, but it may be intended as a taunt or threat to President Putin and other high-ranking officials in Russia.
Many people may not realize it, but Google Photos is packed full of features that can help you clean and organize your photos. Recently, the company released a new AI-powered tool called “Magic Eraser” that helps you remove unwanted content from images. This handy tool is perfect for when you accidentally delete a photo or want to clear up some clutter in your photos library.
The short stories, “Six Stories,” by J.D. Salinger are usually read in a hurry, but I savored every word of these tales of angst and confusion. Holden Caulfield is the narrator, and the reader